[Zope] hacking zdiscussion w RDB backend

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Wed, 05 Apr 2000 19:48:20 +0000

"J. Atwood" wrote:

> I actually started this a few days ago, although not really hacking
> ZDiscussions, more like rebuilding a new discussion with a SQL
> backend and modeled after UBB. You can look at what I started to
> write here...
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/BwanaZulia/ZUBB/README
>
> I am up to a slew of tables and building the forms to add topics.
> Take a look and let me know if this is what you were looking to build.
>
> I will add that I too am not a "real" programmer and while I have
> been using Zope for months I am still just ramping up.

Have you looked at squishdot (http://squishdot.org ,
http://www.zope.org/Members/butchland/Squishdot)?

It's my understanding that someone is doing a reimplementation of
Squishdot using ZDiscussions/PTK. Can anyone on the list confirm this?
this would seem to solve most of the moderation/registration issues.

In any case, this would seem to be a better approach than an RDBMS
centric application, as it leverages Zope's strengths.

HTH,

Michael Bernstein.