[Zope] Docs

Neil Burnett neil@efc.be
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:49:38 +0200

For me the most valuable things to read about a new (to me) software tool
are detailed walkthrough examples. The incredibly simple one in the Zope
documentation showing how to set up a web site with 3 userfolders was great.

Also, many people will not be creating a Zope site from scratch, but will
be moving their site(s) to Zope. I would think guidance on how to do this
would be useful. For example, in my case, I am thinking of moving a
Frontpage web with lots of active server pages to Zope. What are the
implications? How do I handle the navigation? How do I name objects so I
can still see the relationship with the old site. Do I move my users to
Zope or give them a route via Frontpage (and how do I do that?).

I am a Zope newcomer, so have all these things to do. A book giving this
sort of advice would be invaluable.

Neil