[Zope] manage from Opera on localhost

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:43:20 -0700

Jerry McRae wrote:

> Better details: In Win98, I can connect to localhost and do everything just
> fine using IE.  Opera (3.6.2) will run the site at localhost correctly
> UNTIL I attempt to go into /manage.  At this point Opera shows the tree
> correctly in the left frame.  The right frame will display the original
> 'public' page, not the list of items.  Most clicks on the tree structure
> produces the same result (always the index_html page output).  Occasionally
> a partial management page shows up but it difficult to duplicate.
> This means I need (for the moment) to use IE to manage my local Zope
> site.  Does anyone have suggestions for making Opera work all the time?
> ---d1 Jerry

Zope calculates what view you get based on the value of the
authorization information in the HTTP request.  Opera is not sending
this information with the right hand frame (or it is sending it
incorrectly), therefore, Zope does not respond to that request with
information that the request has not authorized itself to see.

I suggest you report this as a bug to the Opera folks.  Since HTTP is
stateless and requests are independent of each other (and framesets make
individual requests), all requests must provide authorization
information for protected resources.

-Michel