[Zope] manage from Opera on localhost

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:54:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Jerry McRae wrote:
> UNTIL I attempt to go into /manage.  At this point Opera shows the tree
> correctly in the left frame.  The right frame will display the original
> 'public' page, not the list of items.  Most clicks on the tree structure

Someone is probably going to tell you that this is an Opera problem,
probably involving its interpretation of base tags and its handling
of basic authentication (if Opera doesn't supply the authentication
info, Zope's authorization machinery presents you with the public
view of the page).  If you figure it out, I'll be very
interested to know what you find, because I've got the same problem
using w3m (text mode browser), and I'd love to be able to use w3m
for working on my Zope sites.

Note that I don't have many problems using w3m on other sites, just
Zope management and Zope.org.  Oh, and it does something screwey with
my cookie when reading slashdot (looses the login after the first
screen), but lynx messes up that, too, so I think that's some
other problem.  Though I'd like to find a way to fix that, too,
because I have a feeling I'll need to fix it in order to be able
to use w3m to edit in a version...

--RDM