[Zope] www.oswg.org runs Zope?

Richard Barrett R.Barrett@ftel.co.uk
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:19:19 +0100

>  > It has been done, by yours truly, and is known as ZServerSSL.
>  > See http://www.post1.com/home/ngps/m2.
>
>What does this actually do? Does it replace parts of the Zope
>install? Does it simply add another
>server to Zope (which would be cool, it's getting quite a collection
>;-) http, ftp, xml-rpc...)
>
>Is there any chance you could feed it to DC so they can get it into
>Zope 2.2 or something?
>
>cheers,
>
>Chris

But note that Python 1.6 is going to support SSL. See
http://www.python.org/1.6/ which says under the heading Module
Changes: "socket, httplib, urllib - optional OpenSSL support". But I
haven't looked below the surface of this statement.

Richard Barrett, PostPoint 27,         e-mail:r.barrett@ftel.co.uk
Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Ltd,      tel: (44) 121 717 6337
Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YU, England
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin, 1759