[Zope] www.oswg.org runs Zope?

Ng Pheng Siong ngps@post1.com
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 00:48:51 +0800

On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 09:05:59PM -0400, Mike Fletcher wrote:
> ZServerSSL looks interesting, but the setup for NT is atrocious (you have to
> install Perl, have Visual C++, install an assembler if you want decent
> speed, etceteras).  A version of the library built by the author (or Digital
> Solutions, or some other trusted source) and ready-to-install would make it
> a far more practical solution.

I've just put up a Win32 distribution of M2Crypto; this is the original
source package plus one DLL for M2Crypto and two for OpenSSL. See

    http://www.post1.com/home/ngps/m2

ZServerSSL is in the demo/ directory.

> Make installation an unzip-into-directory and a script to walk through
> generating the certificate and you'll see adoption far more likely... at
> least, until Python 1.6 with rumoured SSL sockets built-in arrives :) .

Sorry, installation is still by-hand. ;-)

For certificate generation and such, I've been using CA.pl, OpenSSL's
Perl program for this purpose. I've toyed with rewriting CA.pl in Python,
but other more urgent itches beckon. ;-)

You may want to look at PyCA by Michael Stroeder (ascii-ification
spelling error, sorry). Ask Parnassus for url.

For some shop talk 1.6's SSL, hop over to python-crypto@egroups.com.

Cheers.
--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@post1.com> * http://www.post1.com/home/ngps