[Zope] Wiki Parser? (Was RE: [Zope] ZWiki)

Patrick Phalen zope@teleo.net
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 13:34:49 -0700

[Tres Seaver, on Sat, 22 Apr 2000]
:: I think changes to wiki to make parsing simpler are likely to damage
:: WikiNature;  I would be willing to be convinced otherwise, however.

I agree completely; however I wasn't suggesting changing WikiNature, but
rather looking to create a new NotWiki -- something informed by
WikiNature, but which would be more useful in the particular case where
the "audit trail" of the discussion needs later to be repackaged into
something else -- documentation, specifications, whatever.

A. Wikis are non-linear. That's good.
B. Documentation is linear. That's good.
The question is, how do you turn A into B when the time is right? The
answer is you don't. But maybe you can with something that is NotWiki,
but WikiLike.

A. Good Use Case for Wiki:
* Free-ranging discussion about Extreme Programming on the Extreme
Programming Wiki.
* Eventual product: The Wiki Itself.

B. Questionable Use Case for Wiki?
* Using Wiki as a documentation source for Zope APIs.
* Eventual product: API Documentation.