[Zope] REQUEST.set in ZSQL Methods?

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:53:32 -0500

I just  start and end my ZSQL methods with <dtml-with REQUEST> and </dtml-with>
----- Original Message -----
From: Alexander Schonfeld <alex@garage.co.jp>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 4:26 AM
Subject: [Zope] REQUEST.set in ZSQL Methods?

On Zope 2.1.6, Zodbcda (3.1.0b2 newest... I think), WinNT:

I have some old ZSQL Methods which use the REQUEST object to store some
variables.

I seem to be getting a name error when I try these with the newer
zodbcda... not with the sybaseda or the old Zope and old zodbcda.

For example:
---
<!--#unless "_.str(ColumnValue)[0] == '[' and
_.str(ColumnValue)[-1] == ']'"-->
<!--#call "REQUEST.set('ColumnValue', [ColumnValue])"-->
<!--#/unless-->
<!--#with REQUEST-->
---
I get a NameError when it does the REQUEST.set.

Can you believe it!? Zope legacy code... :)  I have lots of these ZSQL
Methods, so I don't really want to change all the logic... but if there
is a simple way to pass in the REQUEST object or fix the DA that would
be nice.  Anyone with similar problems?

Thanks,

Alex.

1010011010