[Zope] Acquisition problem

Christopher J. Kucera ckucera@globalcrossing.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:26:51 -0500

> I have assigned a property named Zeilenfarbe (to the top level
> folder). Zeilenfarbe is used to set the background color of odd rows
> in tables.
> When I assign a property with the same name (and other content) to a
> subfolder the rows are colored with the color defined at top level.
> If I remove the property at top level I will get the expected row
> colors.

Yeah, acquisition is a little tricky until you're used to it.  Remember
that it doesn't *just* traverse your URL.  Let's say you've got the
following:

   /
   /FolderA
   /FolderB

The root folder and FolderA both have a property (with the same name).  If
you reference the property in "/" or "/FolderB", you'll get the root-level
property as you'd expect, and if you reference it as "/FolderA", you'll get
the one from FolderA.  However, if you reference it from "/FolderA/FolderB",
you'll get the root-level property, which I'm guessing is happening to you.

How exactly are you getting at the property?  What's your directory structure
look like?

Hope any of this helps,
-CJ