[Zope] Error Packing Data.fs

Eric L. Walstad ewalstad@energywright.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:09:12 -0700

Hi,
I am getting a permission denied error when I try to pack the Data.fs file
I found one answer to this in the archives, but I need a little more
explanation.  Here's the answer from the archive:

>   That is the point - when Zope is run under root, it automatically drops
> to nobody, and nobody doesn't have permissions to your Data.fs.
>
> Error Type: IOError
> Error Value: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/usr/local/Zope/var/Data.fs'
>
>Oleg.            (All opinions are mine and not of my employer)

My question is:  Do I change the ownership of Data.fs to "nobody" or do I
change the user Zope is run as?  I guess I don't understand the consequenses
of each option so I don't know which is the best way to go.

Thanks,

Eric.