[Zope] LoginManager UserSources

Wilkinson Charlie E Charlie.E.Wilkinson@irs.gov
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:13:45 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFFCB5.C9AFA5B8

Hi Danny,
I don't think the question applies, as you are prettymuch free to build a
UserSource to anything you want.  Of course, with that freedom comes
aggrevation.  ;-/  There is ready documentation on the Zope site for
interfacing LM to SMB for authentication.  I've gotten it working with
Postgres (with crypted passwords no less!)  It took me a couple of weeks on
and off to finally get that going.  Yes, it was painful, especially having
no prior experience with GUF (or much experience with Zope, for that
matter...)  I've not made it a very high priority, but I'm working on a
LoginManager/PostgreSQL walkthrough hoping that I might save someone else
some grief.  That info should be easy to translate for any other datasource
full of users you might have in mind.  Interested?

-cw-

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>RE: [Zope] LoginManager UserSources</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi Danny,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>I don't think the question applies, as you are =
prettymuch free to build a UserSource to anything you want.&nbsp; Of =
course, with that freedom comes aggrevation.&nbsp; ;-/&nbsp; There is =
ready documentation on the Zope site for interfacing LM to SMB for =
authentication.&nbsp; I've gotten it working with Postgres (with =
crypted passwords no less!)&nbsp; It took me a couple of weeks on and =
off to finally get that going.&nbsp; Yes, it was painful, especially =
having no prior experience with GUF (or much experience with Zope, for =
that matter...)&nbsp; I've not made it a very high priority, but I'm =
working on a LoginManager/PostgreSQL walkthrough hoping that I might =
save someone else some grief.&nbsp; That info should be easy to =
translate for any other datasource full of users you might have in =
mind.&nbsp; Interested?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-cw-</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; From: Danny William Adair =
[Danny@adair.net]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 4:51 AM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; To: zope@zope.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Subject: [Zope] LoginManager UserSources</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; What UserSources are available as of today for =
the </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; LoginManager to use? How</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; do they work?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; TIA</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Danny</FONT>
</P>