[Zope] LoginManager UserSources

Kyler B. Laird laird@ecn.purdue.edu
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 15:08:20 EST

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:13:45 -0400  you wrote:

>I've gotten it working with
>Postgres (with crypted passwords no less!)  It took me a couple of weeks on
>and off to finally get that going.  Yes, it was painful, especially having
>no prior experience with GUF (or much experience with Zope, for that
>matter...)  I've not made it a very high priority, but I'm working on a
>LoginManager/PostgreSQL walkthrough hoping that I might save someone else
>some grief.  That info should be easy to translate for any other datasource
>full of users you might have in mind.  Interested?

What I read:
"I see you're starving.  Are you interested in some food?"

Yes!  I'm desperate for a way to use Oracle and/or X.500
databases for authentication (and authorization and ...).
I would be happy to pay someone to hold my hand through
creating such a product.  (This is one of the first things
I built into Apache so many years ago.)

I'm a bit fuzzy on this, though.  Shouldn't there be an
easy way to generalize databases for this purpose?  Why do
we need PostgreSQL, Oracle, Gadfly, ... versions?  I'd
like to be able to just choose a connection ID and go.

Thank you.

--kyler