[Zope] Total newbie with NTUserFolder 1.3 issues

Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:06:24 +0100

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:48:44 +0100, Christian Adams
<christian.adams@revolutionltd.com> wrote:

>I'm running Zope 2.2.0 over NT Server 4.

Me too.

>I installed Python 1.5.2 and the latest Win32 Extensions, then unzipped
>NTUserFolder1.3.zip into C:\Program Files\ZopeServer\NTUserFolder

Thats good.

>then ran
>both the init.py and NTUserFolder.py files after entering my Domain and PDC
>info into NTUserFolder.py
>I ran them both to get the respective .pyc files.

Running a .py file doesn't create any .pc files..... Those were
created when you next started Zope and the files were *imported*. You
didn't need to run them, but it has done no harm.

>. my question is...
>
>What now? What do I need to do next to actually get this stuff working as
>opposed to taking up disk space, because nothing yet has actually happened
>and, even if It has, I have no idea how to find out.

You need to create an NTUserFolder object in your Zope database, using
the /manage interface. You may have to delete any existing acl_users
object first.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com