[Zope] The date in Dutch

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 09:40:35 +0100

Michel Houben wrote:

> >I am just beginning with Zope, so this is maybe a very stupid question;
> >How do I make a external method, I don't know what I must fill in, in two
> >fields "Python module file" and "Function Name", I hope you can solve this
> >problem for me.
>
> I thank you for your help,

First, make sure you have a subdirectory "Extensions" in your Zope
installation.
Here's the directory listing for mine. Make sure that "Extensions" is
there.

Extensions   access  lib    utilities   wo_pcgi.py   zpasswd.py
LICENSE.txt  doc     pcgi   var         wo_pcgi.pyc  zpasswd.pyc
README.txt   import  start  w_pcgi.py   z2.py
ZServer      inst    stop   w_pcgi.pyc  z2.pyc

Using a text editor, create a new file inside "Extensions" called
"D_date.py".
Put the code of the external method into D_date.py. Save it.

If you're on a unix system, make sure that you add the folder and add
the file as the appropriate user. This is often "nobody" or "zope".

From your Zope management web pages, add an external method to the root
of your zope instance. Let's call it "D_date". (You can call it anything
you want, so long as it is a valid zope id.)

Fill in "D_date" (without the quotes) as both the python module name,
and the function name.

See also here:

  http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To/ExternalMethods

--