[Zope] <dtml-comment> doesn't?

Jerry jerry@spicklemire.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 12:00:04

Chris Withers wrote:

> Is is just me or does stuff inside a <dtml-comment> get parsed?

<snip>

> You still can't save the page 'cos the the parser throws up an error.
> That seems silly to me. Anyone else agree?

That, and if you can save the page, because the DTML happens
to be valid, the DTML inside the comment still gets parsed.

Sure, <dtml-comment> is meant for "comments", but every
programmer needs to disable blocks of code to eliminate
factors while debugging. We all abuse comment characters for
this purpose, and it works well enough to get the job done.

But in Zope it goes like so: cut the suspect block, paste it
into another window (text editor), save the DTML object, test,
paste back into DTML, etc. This was the last thing a colleague
saw before he refused to have any more to do with Zope.

Later,
Jerry S.