[Zope] Logfile analyzer

Kapil Thangavelu kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 15:36:25 -0700

Ian Bicking wrote:

> I've been making some log analysis code on my site, and have realized
> that a lot of other analyzers aren't that great -- or, at least, that
> it's nice to have the control that editting the actual code can give.
> (for instance, I ignore all requests that come from my ISP, since I
> don't need to know what my surfing habits are; I ignore all pages
> that end in "manage.*"; etc.)
>
> Anyway, I've been thinking of polishing and expanding what I've
> written some, so it's suitable for public use (or at least use by
> people who know Zope/Python fairly well).  But this requires work that
> I probably wouldn't do for myself -- so I'm writing to see if there
> are enough people who have interest in this to make it worth it.  [Or
> if this already exists and I just haven't found it]
>
> Cheers,
>   Ian

Hi Ian,

zope's logs are in a pretty standard format so most of your loganalyzers
should handle them well and several of them can be customized to ignore
certain ips or urls.

i've been told that http://www.webalizer.org/ is pretty nice.

a zope web logs analyzer that makes images with PIL integrated into the
control panel, is on my list of things to do although its pretty low at
the moment.

Cheers

Kapil