[Zope] Re: DC and the PTK?

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:50:59 -0800

Paul Everitt wrote:

> I'll take the blame on this miscommunication.  I'm the one that told
> Gary not to take support contracts on PTK.
>
> We have a nearly ironclad support policy: we don't support stuff that
> isn't official.  We won't support ZDiscussions, for instance.  If we had
> to support everything we made available, then we'd stop making as much
> stuff available.
>
> Consulting, on the other hand, is a different story.  As Ethan noted, we
> use PTK stuff in our consulting engagements, because we are directly
> involved in the development of the solution and know where the bodies
> are buried. :^)

Ok, then. What is the difference (or the line) between
support and consultation? And on which side of it does a
plea of "Please help me make this work, I've got money"
fall? I've certainly been in the position of trying to get
something to work, and asking "How much to fix this?"
without even getting a response.

Michael Bernstein.