[Zope] FTP in HTML-Kit? (Or other editor on MS-Windows)

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 23:09:00 +0100

> Searching a tool to edit DTML on MS-Windows, I read:

> http://www.zope.org/Members/cba/HTML_Kit

> It says that HTML-Kit can edit files through FTP. I found that it can only
> retrieve files, without being able to browse directories, and that it
> cannot
> save back files with FTP. Absolutely not a competitor for GNU Emacs.

> Or did I miss something?

Maybe the newest built of html-kit (from 29. Nov).
The changes file suggests that ftp-support is now very
good. (save/load/update ... everything you can do with a
local file seems now to work with remote-files too).
Look at http://www.chami.com/html-kit/news/

A very interesting feature for zope seems to be the following:

" Ability to map local folders to remote servers, for the purpose
of previewing files with server-side scripting through the server
("Edit | Preferences... | Preview | Edit Preview Rules...").
The user interface for this option has not been finalized."

HTML-Kit is free and very customizable, I really like it.
The developer is very responsive and there's a load of plugins
available - chances are that any modifications to make it
play better with zope can be incorporated.

And it's free (as in beer).

cheers,
oliver