[Zope] Failed upgrade to 2.2.4 - solutions?

Luke Tymowski ltymowski@attglobal.net
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 14:02:11 -0500

Hello,

I've just tried and failed to upgrade to 2.2.4 from 2.2.2.  A python
instance  starts up and slowly swallows the CPU,  ending with 99% of the
CPU. A second python instance starts and doesn't do anything naughty.

If I issue a ./stop, the second python instance ends properly, but the
first continues to consume all CPU resources.

I've tried recompiling it several times, reinstalling Python, but no go.
It did once start up properly, but as soon as I tried logging into Zope,
python took over the CPU.

I'm using OpenBSD 2.8, python 1.5.2, x86, 196MB of RAM, GBs of free disk
space.

I've been using Zope since 2.0 and have never had this much trouble
upgrading.  the only Zope product I'm using is SiteAccess (the same
setup as the old Zope.org before the cluster upgrade).

Any ideas?

thanks,

Luke