[Zope] Failed upgrade to 2.2.4 - solutions?

Luke Tymowski ltymowski@attglobal.net
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 16:01:10 -0500

Hello

>   To enable profiling, restart the Zope process with the environment
>   variable PROFILE_PUBLISHER defined. The value of this variable should be
>   the full system path to a file that will be used to dump a profile report
>   when the process restarts or exits.

PROFILE_PUBLISHER='/home/luke/sw/zopeProfile.txt'

like so in my z2.py? it didn't do anything.
But I can get a python core dump!

I tried just a basic install, without my Data.fs. Same result.
I tried 2.2.2. Same result.

Looks like an incompatibility with OpenBSD 2.8 (I was running 2.7 until
2 weeks ago.)

Any ideas? C-compiler or Python incompatibility between what is on
OpenBSD 2.8 and Zope?

OpenBSD 2.8 comes with Python 1.6. I removed all traces of Python and
reinstalled 1.52 from the source.

Luke