[Zope] zope as e-learning environment

Jansen, J. ja.jansen@kw1c.nl
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:24:57 +0100

(This message is also sent from the news-page from Digital Creations to P.
Everitt, who referred to this mailinglist)

Hello Zope people,

I'm involved (as a educational developer) in a team to set up a e-learning
environment
for the Koning Willem I College in the Netherlands.
We did some little experience with Zope (by Kees Roozendaal with the help
from Kees de Brabander from the Leiden University). What pleases us (of
course) is the fast, flexible and free way of building. I've compared some
existing e-learning surroundings and now we have to make the choice and try
to get the green light from our board of directors.
Part of comparisional and part of immediate knowledge we do feel for Zope,
but as a non ICT-expert I woulde like to have some answers/confirmations
about the following items:
-is it easily possible to build a learning item bank and to recall the
(labeled) learning-topics
 (for chancing or transfer)?
-is it easily to make an input option for student-data from the college
registration system?
-is student routesequency and -tracking (and gradebookfaclity) to make?
-what about getting help?
and the most important:
-other systems are claiming to work with AICC, IMS or CMI-standards
 what about Zope?

I should be very pleased with a qiuck answer and wish you all the best with
Zope.

Greetings,
Jan Jansen
faculty, educational developer