[Zope] authentication with NDS

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:08:07 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has tried using either of the LDAP adaptor
> products with NDS? I'm not even sure if it's possible, let alone whether
> it works well. I'm not an NDS expert, but our school uses it, and I'm
> planning to integrate it with our Zope-powered Web site to provide
> authentication for all our District staff and students. (I can't wait to
> start playing with the PTK on this.)

Give it a go - Novell's LDAP server was released 1997 I think, so should
have had plenty of time to mature. LDAP will be my preferred approach when
I get around to integrating with the University NDS.

If Novell's LDAP servers seem to be too hairy for you, or LDAP adaptor/Netware
LDAP doesn't do quite what you want, there are Python classes released
that allow you to communicate with NDS (NT platform only) - these classes
could be used to configure the GenericUserFolder to your needs so you
also have a backup plan.

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au