[Zope] authentication with NDS

Scott Parish sRp@portico.org
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:49:13 +0000

Hey, my boss here at the college i'm attending just gave me a similar
assignment of nds auth a few weeeks ago.  After a lot of research, trial, and
hair pulling it apears that LDAP is not the way to go yet.  The NDS server
requires SASL (related to ssl somehow) for the passing of passwords, and
openldap doesn't support that yet, although there is a job on cosource
requesting just that.  I think you might be able to turn off the requrement
of security, but i haven't been able to get the nds guy here to try to do that
for me just yet.

There is another way though using ncpfs.  Ncpfs let you mount an nds partition
on you linux computer, the side affect is that it allows you to also
verify authentication.  I'm currently working on making a userfolder based on
this.  I have the python part "swig"ed, so i just have to make the folder now.
I'll post all this when i get it in a somewhat working fassion if you would
like.

The only problem with this is that you can't access other information from the
NDS tree, such as groups.

sRp

Thus spake Timothy Wilson (wilson@visi.com):