[Zope] images & mess with editors

Geir B Hansen Geir B Hansen <geirh@funcom.com>
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:21:18 +0100

on Wednesday, February 09, 2000 Thomas wrote :
T> 1) Is there any way to FTP a large batch of images up at
T> a time (with the default being the file name as when you
T> import only one image and use that default)

Any FTP-client ought to do this without any trouble..

T> 2) Has anyone else gotten extremely frustrated when
T> non-Zope people give you html files (written in  Frontpage
T> and other WYSIWYG editors) that produce godawful code
T> that usually needs total rehash. Perhaps, this is not directly
T> related to Zope, but I find that the downtime I spend fixing other
T> people's code before I can get back to fun stuff (ie Zope) is
T> quite a lot.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

T> TIA,
T> Tom

A colleague of mine rewrote fsimport.py to hack away the
worst bits of the crap code automagically before importing
the fs-files into zope. Tell me if you want a copy of it.
The more elegant solution would of course be to separate
presentation from content, and only let the WYSIWYG-people
edit plain text.. (structured text could be a nice tool for
this purpose)

--
Geir B Hansen
web-developer/designer