[Zope] images & mess with editors

Gidon Friedman gidon@stars.ch
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 15:35:20 +0100

this is getting a little off-topic, but i'm sure some zope developers
deal with this problem.

Geir B Hansen wrote:

> The more elegant solution would of course be to separate
> presentation from content, and only let the WYSIWYG-people
> edit plain text.. (structured text could be a nice tool for
> this purpose)

the problem with this solution is that the contributors, (in worst case)
lack html-knowledge but want to be able to do some freedom in
formatting like underline, bold, lists...

i'm currently working on a solution to combine the two: use a inline html editor
in a form-template to let the people enter the data. i've just have seen this done
in spectra by allaire. it's very easy to do it in explorer, some javascript will turn
it into a editor. but for netscape it will need an applet,
no hard thing with swing classes ... but i'm still covering my options,
so i'd appreciate any input...

kind regards

gidon friedman