[Zope] [newbie] I Can't Get Zope to Zope

Richard Gordon maccgi@bellsouth.net
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:58:47 -0500

I recently downloaded Zope to pay with on mkLinux and have yet to
actually get it to run. Somewhere along the line, I did determine
that I needed to rebuild Python 1.5.2 with threading enabled and got
that done, so the Zope installation process went ok.

The problem is:
When I do ./start, things churn around for a bit, then visibly start
to happen- first I get a PROBLEM(100) ZServer computing default
hostname message, but then Medusa starts using hostname: localhost
(this is just my little lan) and claims 8080, then ftp starts and
claims 8021, then PCGI creates a socket. So far I guess we are ok,
but then I get:
"...ZServer Monitor Server (1.5) started on port 8099" and nothing
else like "at Wed Feb 9" etc and things just sit there.

When I try to log in to the server at 8080, the browser is
"connecting" but eventually times out. FTP doesn't work either. If I
do a port scan, it shows an unknown tcp service is on 8021, http is
on 8080, and nothing is on 8099.

I'd really like to experiment with Zope but haven't gotten anywhere
thus far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.