[Zope] SQL Question - GUF related

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:32:56 -0500

I'm moving forward in working with the GenericUserFolder.  I'm adding a
database interface to pull user names out of a database table.  I have
created an MS Access database with a couple of users.  I have created an
ODBC connection object in my acl_users folder and tested it to make sure it
works.  I then created a SQL method called "getUserList()" which should
answer a collection of user ids.  Using the Test feature, I get back
expected results.  I tried to change the userList method defined for my
GenericUserFolder to use these results.  Basically I do the following:

<dtml-return "getUserList()">

However, when I click on the UserList tab, I get no names.  I've tested the
SQLmethod and it works fine.  I also created another method, called
testList which just contains the following:

jwh
jorge

If I use testList in my userList method, I get the expected results.  I'm
sure that I'm doing something stupid, but for the life of me I can't figure
out why the userList method fails when I access a SQLMethod but not when I
access a DTMLMethod.  Another thing, if I try to "view" my userList method
when it references the SQLMethod, I get a resource not found error, but
when I view the method when it references a DTMLMethod, I get the two
names.   Any ideas on what is going on here?  I'm assuming it has something
to do with the way the SQLMethod answers its results?

Thanks.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html
Ann Arbor, MI  48103