[Zope] user created folders and local owner role problem in 2.1.3

Cornelis J. de Brabander brabander@fsw.leidenuniv.nl
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:04:02 +0100

Silence was my part after an ealier effort, so I'll give it another try.
I have a application for web supported learning, basically a platform where
teachers and students can exchange information. It runs in zope 2.0.0. Users
may create documents or folders by means of a dtml-method that wraps
manage_clone. In version 2.0.0 the user automatically acquires a local role
of owner in the context the folder or document involved.
When I was upgrading to zope version 2.1.3 I noticed this automatisme did
not apply anymore to folders, but only to documents: users are not given the
local owner role in he context of a folder they create. Bug or feature?
It is a problem, because what users ar permitted to do depends to a certain
extent on ownership. Please help me out.
tia, cb