[Zope] first time - superuser authentication

darcy w. christ darcy@elegant.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:28:12 -0500

hi zopers!,

 i'm trying to setup zope on redhat 6.1.  i've installed
Zope-2.1.2-3.rpm and Zope-zserver-2.1.2-3.rpm.
i ran into some trouble logging on as the superuser.  i found some
archives from this list telling me to simplify the /var/zope/access file
with superuser:123.  i did that and restarted the server (using
/etc/rc.d/init.d/zope restart).  Anyway, i still cannot log on.  So now
i'm wondering whether there are any other considerations i need to be
away of.  i did find some information about some servers cutting out the
http authenication headers, but i'm assuming that since i am using
Zope-zserver, that won't happen.  Could someone give me some advice on
this matter.  i would really like to check out Zope - it looks awesome!
Thanks for any help that anyone can offer me.

--
~darcy w. christ
Elegant Communications Inc.