[Zope] BannerFolder ( wasRe: [Zope-dev] TIP: Must enable 'new' for FreeBSD Python 1.5.2 port to install PythonMethods)

Petru Paler ppetru@coltronix.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 00:28:59 +0200

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 02:54:13PM -0700, Bill Anderson wrote:
> > > reinstall. Once I did that, PythonMethods comes up fine and other products
> > > (like BannerFolder-0.3) that rely on it, install as well.
> >
> >    As a side note. *Don't* use BannerFolder's counters. You will get the
> > banner copied for each impression :-/
>

> What Counters? Are you talking about the hits, views, or remaining_views
> ?
> Inguiring minds need to know. :)

   All of them. Incremeting a property causes a transaction -> one more
copy of the banner.

> FWIW, I am in the middle of a 'rewrite' of that product. I am adding the
> ability to 'weight' banners, view reports, and track click-throughs.
> Other changes are that it is being written in Python instead of
> ZClasses.

  Then you'd better use something else for the stats (SQL, flat files,
whatever).

-Petru