[Zope] Debug print?

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 20:42:44 PST

Hi,

A trick I have found useful is to implement an
external method called dprint. I print things
into a string variable inside the REQUEST variable.
This makes debugging easier, especially when you
have looping conditions.

<dtml-call "dprint(myvar)">

And then, in the stardard_footer_html or something
like that, I print out the string (which may have
many lines) and also the REQUEST variable and SESSION
variables. There is a flag that I can set, so in the
production copy the debug print is suppressed.

This is kind of useful. But as always, there is
probably already something done by someone else.
So the question is: Does Zope already come with
some debugging feature like this? Or has anyone
done some something like this?

I guess it'll be good for Zope to come with some
elementary debugging features. A simple print
statement already helps a lot. Is there such a
thing already?

regards,

Hung Jung