[Zope] A minor Zope heresy <grin>

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 00:17:27 -0500 (EST)

I just figured out that I can get to the management screens
by using [...]/manage_workspace instead of [....]/manage.  This
makes me happy.  So far it has worked pretty well, although
there have been minor oddities like a javascript error and
a place where a new window popped up instead of the page
just changing when I clicked on a management tab.  But I like
it much better than the standard 'manage' view, because there
isn't that wasted screen space on the left with that useless
(to me!) folder view.  (The 'folder' view would be more useful
if it could also list folder contents, but even then I don't
think I'd find it all that useful.)

Anyway, this note is just kind of an FYI on different
usage styles, for folks to think about when doing new
development.  I certainly like the fact that Zope is flexible
enough to allow me to play with the management interface like this,
and I hope it stays that way!

--RDM