[Zope] Using apache w/ZServer question

Lucas Vogel lucas7@home.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:39:15 +0700

I am trying to use Apache and ZServer as per the document located on:

http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver

and am having some problems. In the document it says to put the
ProxyPass directives within the main Directory context. I assume that
he's referring to the DocumentRoot; yet whenever I put the Proxy*
directives anywhere I get an error when I try to restart apache, saying
that they can't be in there. So I take them out and leave them by
themselves. Apache restarts, but when I try to go to the path I get a
'Document contains no data' message.

This tells me(unless I am mistaken) that I have apache configured
correctly, but I don't have zope configured to supplement that. I
created a directory called 'zope' in Zope, thinking it was looking for
that directory(I set the proxy to go into a hostname.com/zope
configuration). Same message. I put the SiteAccess object and set it
like the directions, but then I get an internal apache error.

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Also, does Zope
actually create files from the created objects and put them anywhere?

Thanks
--
Lucas Vogel
lucas7@home.com