[Zope] IE 4/5 error

Timothy Grant tjg@avalongroup.net
Mon, 03 Jan 2000 06:48:58 -0800

Hi again,

As you may have been able to tell from the voluminous quantity of posts
I have been making, I'm working on a rather large project. It is mostly
complete, and I am sitting at my client's getting everything installed
on their servers.

I had an interesting problem crop up.

Using IE 4 in testing at work I put in the URL
http://192.168.10.1:8080/FWF_Scale and got the index_html document
displayed correctly, but the minute I attempted to load a different doc
Zope told me it could not find the requested doc.

They have IE 5 here, so I tried it here, but instead of using the IP, I
put in the server name as it is setup in hosts. I get the same error
using both the short server name fwf1:8080 and the long server name
fwf1.farwestfibers.com.

I came back to my notebook  running NS 4.61 under Linux and all works as
it should. Navigator under Win 98 also works correctly.

I understand that most open sourcers don't particularly like MS
products, but I didn't think they broke them on purpose! <wink>

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Chief Technology Officer              tjg@exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630