[Zope] UPDATE: Apache + ZServer complete solution

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:09:56 +0100

Hi Anser,

At 21:33 Uhr -0500 04.01.2000, anser wrote:
>Thanks to Evan Simpson (author of SiteAccess), I now have a complete working
>solution for embedding ZServer behind Apache, allowing all or part of a
>website to run with fast, multithreaded Zope content while other legacy
>content and configurations are unaffected.

thanks for that interesting HowTo! I guess there's a rather big speed
loss to this, even though it permits
(apache-) server farms and threaded execution of ZServer. Doing a
http-request always has a time overhead.

Do you or anyone else have an idea on how to set up a Zope-Site
behind apache that serves most content including the HomePage from
Zope but permits usage of plain apache-urls as well?
Up to now I've only seen solutions to "some content from Zope (HP
from apache)" and "everything from Zope"

Regards

Jochen