[Zope] Acessing Zclass property outside of class instance.

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 21:42:55 -0500 (EST)

This should be a simple question, but my understanding of acquisition
and name spaces isn't good enough to figure out the answer yet.

I have a ZClass, and I have assigned a couple properties to a
'constants' propertysheet.  I want to access those constants from
a page that is not an instance of the ZClass.

Actually, even simpler than that, I also want to access that property from
the 'add' method of the product the ZClass was created in.

What's the syntax for doing both of these?  NB: the non-add case
is a DTML method that is in a virthost folder created with the
SiteAccess product, so I guess I need some sort of Zope object
equivalent of an absolute URL to reference the property?

If I could create a Product/ZClass inside a virthost folder then
I'd just put the constant property at the top level folder of the
virthost, but I can't do that...

--RDM