[Zope] Quick Permissions Question

Alexander Limi limi@stud.ntnu.no
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 22:53:21 +0100 (MET)

Zopistas,

Just a quick question here - the Owner role; does it inherit permissions
from Manager, Anonymous or nobody?

The problem is this:

I want to give the users of my site limited permissions in their own
directory, they should only be able to do a select few things. Is the
Owner role the preferred way of doing this, or is it better to create a
new role with just a few permissions?

In other words, can I limit what the Owner can do in his own folder, or
does he automatically have Manager-like permissions in his own folder?

A pretty basic question, but I couldn't find a straight answer, and I
don't want to make any security holes in the site.

Thanks in advance.

Alexander Limi
http://mp3.no