[Zope] ZServer and virtual hosting via Apache + ActiveImage woes.

Chris Gazley cgazley@cg.dyn.bsfh.org
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:47:57 +0000

Hi there folks,

                I'm having a bit of trouble in two areas and was wondering if
you might be able to give me a hand.

First problem:

                I go to my zite zite_a.mydomain.com/myusername/ which is a
zope zite on port 8080 of a machine
                running Apahe to take care of the virtual hosting.  It lets me
through to my zite but it translates the
                URL to zite_a.mydomain.com:8080/myusername/ and I'd like to
get it to show up properly, without
                the ":8080".

                I don't know too much about this vhost stuff so let me explain
it as my friend did.

                My hostname is an alias for his machine so when i go to my
hostname it passes it along to his
                 machine which then gets Apache to pass it along to my zope
zerver on port 8080.  That all
                works just fine...technically.  The name just gets screwed up.

                So what i would like to know is...Is this the properway to get
Apache and Zope to do what I want
                it to do?  And if not, how?

Second problem:

                I'm using ActiveImage to make a wee menu on my page.  When
people enter my site without
                adding "index_html" to zite_a.mydomain.com/cgazley/ the image
for HOME is active(in the pressed state)
                on every page.

                I've tried various things in the config for that image and
cannot get it to act properly unless the full
                absolute path with index_html is entered.

                Whatever shall I do?

Thanks in advance,

            Chris Gazley, GoP