[Zope] caching problem.

Jerome ALET alet@unice.fr
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:41:59 +0100 (MET)

Hi there,

I'm just beginning to use Zope, and I'm making some tests with it since
yesterday only.

unfortunately I'm facing a caching problem which doesn't seem to stop if I
stop then relaunch Zope (standalone) or if I try to flush cache with the
Zope menu.

Here's what I do, maybe I'm wrong:

I define a dtml method, let's call it my_method this way:
------- my_method -------
<dtml-var standard_html_header>

<dtml-var my_logo>

Here's some HTML text, but if you want you can view the

<dtml-var standard_html_footer>
------- my_method -------

and I define a Zpdfdocument this way:

------- my_method_pdf -------
<!--#var my_method>
------- my_method_pdf -------

If I modify my_method and view my_method_pdf by clicking on
the link, then the pdf document doesn't seem to be updated at all.

I use Netscape 4.5 and have of course disabled caching.

does anyone have any ideas ?

another problem:
sorry to ask this maybe stupid question but what's the difference between
<!--#var--> and <dtml-var> ? I've tried to repeat the database example
contained in QuickStart and it didn't work until I replaced all
<!--#var--> with <dtml-var> .

thanks for your time.

Jerome ALET - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Faculte de Medecine de Nice - http://noe.unice.fr - Tel: 04 93 37 76 30
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE