[Zope] ZCatalog + Subclassing Woes

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:53:40 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Pitts" <smpitts@midsouth.rr.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2000 8:16 PM
Subject: [Zope] ZCatalog + Subclassing Woes

> Unfortunately, it wasn't that easy. When I recreated the CentralBase
> class, it screwed up all of my other Z-Classes. The edit method
> isn't getting acquired correctly.

My guess is that your new CentralBase class has a different class ID than
the old one, and that is why things are breaking. If you still had the old
one around, you can just put the original class ID into the new class on the
Basic tab.

BTW, I saw a suggestion a few days back from someone at DC that it's not a
bad idea to make a Python base class for your ZClasses. If you do that, you
can very easily change the base classes for that ZClass (because you just
change the python).

Kevin