[Zope] ZCatalog + Subclassing Woes

Art Hampton arth@pacsg.css.mot.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:12:14 -0600

Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> From: "Stephen Pitts" <smpitts@midsouth.rr.com>
> > Unfortunately, it wasn't that easy. When I recreated the CentralBase
> > class, it screwed up all of my other Z-Classes. The edit method
> > isn't getting acquired correctly.
>
> My guess is that your new CentralBase class has a different class ID than
> the old one, and that is why things are breaking. If you still had the old
> one around, you can just put the original class ID into the new class on the
> Basic tab.

I noticed something really weird yesterday related to a ZClass based
product.  I don't know if it will help you or not, but here goes.

I was editing the myclass_addForm form that gets called by the factory.
For some weird reason, my edits weren't showing up when I went to create
a new instance of my class.  I noticed, however, that if I created a new
folder and then tried adding the class there, I would get a more recent
version of my changes to the myclass_addForm.

That was yesterday, where I was working under IE5.  Today, the problem
has gone away, and things are all behaving normally again.  However, I'm
working under Netscape 4.7.  Coincidence?  I don't know, I don't have
access to the machine I was using yesterday.

Are you working in IE5?  As a wild-and-not-based-on-any-facts guess, I'm
wondering if the difference in behavior between my two browsers is due
to the recently added WebDAV support....  That's the only thing I can
think of that would account for the radically different behavior between
my browsers (there may be others).