[Zope] DCOracle for 8.1.5 (8i)

Cayce Ullman c_ullman@yahoo.com
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:08:35 -0800 (PST)

I'm using 8i under linux right now....

Here is my Setup file :

*shared*

# Setup file for Oracle 8.0.4 (Tested for Solarus on
Intel and Sparc).
#
# Unfortunately, the libraries needed to link Oracle
change from revision
# to revision.
#
# Oracle provides a make file for building "demo"
programs in
# $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo/demo_rdbms.mk.  I have been
unable to
# use this make file to build Python extensions.
Adapting it is
# not adequate, because it may change for new Oracle
revs.
# My approach is to use demo_rdbms.mk to build one of
the
# demo programs, look at the libraries linked, and
start from there. :-(
#

ORACLE_INCLUDES=$(ORACLE_HOME)/rdbms/demo
-I$(ORACLE_HOME)/rdbms/public
-I$(ORACLE_HOME)/network/public
-I$(ORACLE_HOME)/plsql/public

ORACLE_L=-lnjni8

ORACLE_LIBS=$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib $(ORACLE_L)

oci_ oci_.c -I$(ORACLE_INCLUDES) -L$(ORACLE_LIBS)
-DDCORACLE8

Buffer Buffer.c

# End of setup file.

The original setup file I used had a ton of libraries
and it made an so file that is 5.4 megs.  Now I've
found you can link against the njni8 lib (no idea
what that is) but it makes a 230k so and it all
seems to work.

Cayce