[Zope] Oracle 8i problem: OCIEnvInit failed

Dave Parker dparker@nocpulse.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:42:46 -0700

--------------F2D276C0128424C799149ECD

I'm having trouble figuring this out - I've got a zope 2.1.4 server that
I'm trying to get to work with DCOracle 1.3.1 b1, ZOracleDA 2.2.0 b1,
Oracle 8i client and Oracle 8 server on a RH 6.1 Linux machine.

The DCOracle test routine *does* work - it connects and says as much.

Within Zope I'm getting some frustrating behavior however.

I'm starting Zope with the "start" script in an environment that has
ORACLE_HOME set just as it was for the DCOracle test script.  The
product looks OK in the control panel.  I can make an instance of it,
but if I have "connect immediately" turned on Zope *dies* and I get
"OCIEnvInit failed, oci_8.c:220" in the terminal that I started Zope
on.  If I have "connect immediately" turned off, I can create the
instance.  But whenever I try to connect I get the same problem - Zope
dies with the OCIEnvInit failed error.

Any clues folks?  I'm seriously pressed for time here - anything you
have would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave Parker
--------------F2D276C0128424C799149ECD

begin:vcard
n:Parker;Dave
tel;home:408 230 0009
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://addiction.daveparker.org
org:NOCPulse
adr:;;660 Bair Island Rd #38;Redwood City;CA;;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dparker@nocpulse.com
title:Principal Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;-10464