[Zope] Updating product property sheet values

Paul Smith Paul.Smith@bristol.ac.uk
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:27:57 +0100

Hi

I have just been asked to stop banging my head against the wall, as it
is annoying other people in the office, so I turn to you all in the
hope you can help!

I am trying to create a moderated news bulletin board, and have based
the back-end loosely on the Job Board engine, as "Created by mukhsein"
and available as a How to on Zope.org.

So far, I have successfully implemented the posting of news items, and
have assigned them a property sheet value which means that I can
display items which I have manually created with a 'live' value. The
property sheet has 3 properties, news_title, news_content and live -
live being a flag indicating whether the news item has been moderated.
Default is '1' for unmoderated.

I have also created an 'update form' which displays all the news items
which are ready to be moderated ('live' value of 1). What I am failing
miserably to do, is update the property sheet value, so that the news
items are displayed in the 'live' list, rather than the to-be-moderated
list. I want to be able to do this by submitting the moderated news
item, and changing the value "live" from a '1' to a '0'. I am attempting
to do this by sending a value as a hidden value within a form when the
news item is submitted.

I know that I am being pretty vague in this summation, but am
interested to know if anyone can point me in the right direction - if
you require code samples, I can provide, but really the base code is
pretty similar to that of the Job Board
(http://www.zope.org/Members/mukhsein/job_board_howto)
without the search element.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Paul
Paul Smith : paul.smith@bristol.ac.uk
http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/
Institute for Learning and Research Technology
University of Bristol,  BS8 1HH, UK
Tel: 0117 928 7192 Fax: 0117 928 7112