[Zope] Dynamically Picking which object to display

Jason Lee jlee@rri-medtech.com
Wed, 07 Jun 2000 14:50:46 -0500

I'm fairly new to Zope, so this may be a dumb question, and my vocabulary could
be wrong, so please bear with me.

I'm in the middle of building an e-commerce solution for my company, and we're
evaluating Zope (and PHP and Servlets, but that's immaterial) as the platform on
which to base this solution.  That doesn't necessarily mean anything other than
to give you context.  One of the problems I'm facing right now is how to display
a particular object based on a value.  For example, let's say a user tries to
access www.foo.com/MyAccount/CCInfo.  If the user has authenticated, I need to
show him the obviously sensitive data he has requested.  If he is not
authenticated, however, I need to give him a login screen which, for argument's
sake, is in the DTML document Login in the root folder.  How would I go about
doing that?  Am I making sense?  Thanks...

--
Jason Lee          | My German is as good as my jujitsu, which is to say,
Programmer/Analyst | "I don't know German." -- Tycho Brahe