[Zope] pcgi.pid question?

kwan kwan@intouchimm.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:59:35 -0400

These couple days, I first set up a test mechine to test Zope with IIS
through pcgi.
On this test mechine, things work as I expect.

However, when I move to the main server and go through exactly the same
setup step.  Things become strange.
I got an error said counld not lock the database file.
I check as much things as I can think of.  and I found that.. when I
start up the
Zope on the main server.  under var/ the z2.pid and pcgi.pid is the
same.  It make sense to me since they need to access the same database
file.  However right after I
try on brower with http://localhost/scripts/zope.pcgi, beside the above
error message, I found that the pcgi.pid got changed.

Checking my test mechine, however, no matter what link I click and try,
pcgi.pid still
remain the same as z2.pid.

What's wrong with these?  pcgi.pid suppose to be the same as z2.pid
isn't it?  So what makes the pcgi.pid got changed?

Kwan