[Zope] problem with PTK and LoginManager

Tim Lynch lynch@gould.mannlib.cornell.edu
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:11:59 EDT

Hi,

I can't seem to get PTK to install. When I put both PTKBase and PTKDemo
in the Products directory, PTKBase is OK, but PTKDemo is 'broken'.
The traceback is:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "E:\I-10\lib\python\OFS\Application.py", line 387, in import_products
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File "E:\I-10\lib\python\Products\PTKDemo\__init__.py", line 3, in ?
    import Portal, ZODBMember, SQLMember, PersistentUserSource
  File "E:\I-10\lib\python\Products\PTKDemo\Portal.py", line 5, in ?
    from Products import LoginManager
ImportError: No module named LoginManager

LoginManager is installed in Products and is listed as OK in the
Control Panel/Products display.

I just did a complete re-install of Zope 2.1.4 (no other products at
this time); I grabbed PTK from the CVS tree, the version of LoginManager
I'm using is what came with the PTK.

I'm running under WindowsNT with zope installed as a service. Haven't
tried things on the Linux side of my machine as I need to get this stuff
working under NT as a deliverable.

Any ideas why Portal.py can't find LoginManager?
I've tried editing the line in Portal.py from
from Products import LoginManager        to
from Products.LoginManager import LoginManager

but that didn't seem to work

Any help much appreciated.

Tim Lynch
ITS, Mann Library