[Zope] How do you search Tiny Tables?

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:31:42 -0400

Graham Chiu wrote:

> In article <200006141519.AA1031536948@mail.multimediacollective.com>,
> jesse <jesse@mail.multimediacollective.com> writes
> >I created a tiny table and then fed the information into a DTML Method by
> >inserting the tiny table subject headers into a table I creating inthe method
> >html.  Is is possible to search the tiny table since the Method is just calling
> >the information and it is not actually in the document?  Yes? No?  If yes, how
> >would I go about doing this or could you direct me to the resource that I would
> >need to do this.  If no, is there another table factory that IS searchable?
> >

> There is a TinyTables+ product, but da***ed if I can find it thru the
> search mechanism on www.zope.com
>
> The new presentation of products also means that there is much more text
> to scroll thru.
>
> How about an option to present a product listing ordered by name, and
> case insensitive...

If it's not already there, put your suggestion in the Zope-web tracker.

http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/TinyTablesPlus

Note that you can search the rows using either TinyTables or
TinyTablesPlus by calling the table itself.  For example, on a table
that has the fields "first_name", "last_name", and "gender", you can
call:

mytable(first_name="John", last_name="Doe")

Of course, this is extremely limited when compared with ZCatalog, etc.

Shane