[Zope] Using Zope DB connection from a Python class

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:38:26 +1000 (EST)

+----[ Tino Wildenhain ]---------------------------------------------
| Hi Ivan,
|
| > 3.      Zope 2.1.7
| >         Z ODBC DA 3.0.3
| >         Solid dev kit 2.3
| >         RedHat Linux 6.1 on i386
|
| How to use Z ODBC DA on Linux? I only found a windows binary.

You need to do a few things:

First the ZODBCDA comes with src for the python ODBC wrapper.
You can alter this src to use your ODBC library rebuild it and
move the .so file up a directory.

For UNIX ODBC libraries you have some choices:-

OpenSource
----------
iODBC    -- works OK
unixODBC -- I had problems with this, but, it's not a very mature product,
            I didn't really stick with it at the time either
            (time constraints).

Commercial
----------
Openlink
Multi-Tier
ODBC libraries -- Commercial, but, they have a 10 connection demo license.
                  This works well, and I have succesfully used this to
                  talk to MS-SQL v7 from FreeBSD.

Then there's the ODBC-ODBC bridge software I haven't really tried to
get this to work, although I briefly looked at it.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |