[Zope] Zope and remote caches.

jiva@devware.com jiva@devware.com
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 01:13:20 -0700

So, if I am grokking the whole zope thang properly here, then
theoretically, when I imbed objects within my zope documents, I
shouldn't hardcode in specific urls to them.  Instead, I should treat
them almost as if they are always in the current directory, even if
they are a couple of folders up.  This way, if I want to override some
behavior in the future, I just copy the object down into the current
folder and edit it.  I notice however, that if I do this, it plays
hell with browser caching because the browser winds up pulling things
from different places all the time even if it's actually winding up
pulling the same document down.  How do other people deal with this?
--
Fundamentally, there may be no basis for anything.